The board of trustees
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES - AN EFFECTIVE INSTRUMENT FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT OF STATUS OF ONE OF THE BEST INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITIES IN KAZAKHSTAN BY IEC.
IEC’s Board of Trustees was established in 2007 with a purpose of effective using university’s intellectual potential for interests of the Republic of Kazakhstan and providing necessary organizational & material support.
Establishment and functioning of the Board of trustees has been implemented within the framework of the Law of the RK “On Education” dated July 27, 2007 and the Order of the Minister of Education and Science dated October 22, 2007 “On approval of the model rules of the Board of trustees’ activities and the procedure of its election”.
The Board of trustees constitutes a voluntary association of individuals and legal entities and is a collegial deliberative body to support and facilitate the educational and economic activities of IEC. In its practice the Board of trustees is guided by the Republic of Kazakhstan Government Resolutions, Statute of IEC, Regulation on the Board of trustees of IEC and other regulatory documents of the governmental authorities. The Board of trustees promotes more effective cooperation with the local authorities, mass media, institutions, organizations and specialized enterprises.
The Board of Trustees includes prominent graduates - representatives of state institutions, education management authorities, investment companies and organizations, creative and professional unions, media, and also representative of student youth. The Board of Trustees takes active part in IEC’s life permanently contacting corporation’s management, its Faculties, teachers and students. The members of the Board of Trustees regularly analyze perspective IEC development plans, make offers on improvement of education programs, implementation of contemporary technologies in education process, enlargement of academic, material and technical resources of the Corporation.
One of the activity areas of the Board of Trustees is sponsor support for students from economically disadvantaged families, orphanages, talented youth, and also for students going for practice abroad (Egypt, UAE, China, Italy, Spain and other).
Generally, the IEC Board of Trustees includes leaders of architecture and construction, scientific, political, economic fields and our graduates who achieved professional success and would like to make their contributions in preparation of competitive specialists. Among them there are representatives of republican authorities (Department of Architecture, Urban Planning and Construction Ministry of Regional Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Department of Architecture and Urban Planning of Almaty), executives of the largest Kazakhstani and international organizations and companies (United Nations Association in Kazakhstan, National Academy of Sciences of Kazakhstan, the National Space Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan, “PA Kazgor”, “Almatygiprogor”, KazNIISSA, “Bek Corporation”, “Elitstroy”, “Astana-Kurylys”, SCE “Almatysu”, KNAUF, TURKSOY, “The Massimov health center”, etc), professional and creative unions (Association of Constructors of Kazakhstan, Architects’ Union, Union of Designers, Union of urban development constructors of Kazakhstan). IEC Board of Trustees is efficient body which actively participates in improvement of all activity areas in our university.
It is important to note that the Board of trustees’ main purpose is:
• Effective use of the personnel and students of IEC intellectual potential for the benefit of the Republic of Kazakhstan, promoting further development of IEC via rendering necessary financial aid and organizational support to it.
The following tasks are set forth in order to achieve the purpose mentioned:
- National policy in the field of education implementation within IEC; determining the strategy and tactics of the IEC development;
- Facilitating IEC with respect to its entering into the international educational system; top priority support of the fundamental science and preferred directions in the field of new technologies development;
- Assistance in the elite higher education provision to those persons who have shown excellent abilities;
- Creation of the optimum conditions for the students and academic staff of IEC in order to satisfy their need in intellectual and cultural advancement;
- Design of the innovative programs of IEC development;
- Promotion the IEC educational-scientific as well as material and technical facilities improvement;
- Creation of the own Fund to provide sponsorship for IEC;
- Establishment of the Board of trustees’ special scholarship Fund to provide social support for the talented students, including those who are orphans and children from low-income families;
- Support of activities of IEC Association of graduates (AG);
Meetings of the Board of trustees shall be held twice a year, in spring and autumn.
The purposes and tasks set by the body with respect to facilitating the university in continuous increase of the education quality and in its compliance with the best world standards will allow IEC to graduate competitive staff not only for the local service market but also enable our graduates to develop international level successfully.
Generally, the Board of trustees as a body regulating the educational system activity within IEC, shall promote better securing the constitutional rights of the Kazakhstan citizens and primarily the youth of our country for the quality education.