Scientific laboratory complex
The scientific and laboratory complex (SLC) consists of 11 scientific and specialized laboratories and an architectural bureau.
Functions of the Scientific and Laboratory Complex:
- planning and coordination of research, design and certification activities of the SLC;
- participation in national and international grants and programs for conducting research, monitoring the results of research projects and programs;
- design and certification and test work of various levels in the main scientific and production areas;
- commercialization of the results of scientific research and development work;
- attraction and search of potential customers for conducting joint research programs;
- Rendering consulting services on registration of applications for obtaining a preliminary patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan for an invention;
- development of regulatory and technical documentation.
Areas of research and development conducted at SLC:
- inspection of the technical condition of buildings and structures;
- physical and mechanical tests of building materials and products;
- earthquake resistance of buildings and structures;
- binders and concrete;
- geotechnics in construction;
- study of the technological properties of building materials;
- experimental modeling of earthquakes;
- geographic information mapping;
- BIM –design;
- architectural and innovative solutions in the field of design and modeling of buildings and structures, architecture of small forms;
- modern management, development of budget documentation for construction work using digital technology.
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 48,067,837.3 tenge was spent on the development of NLC.