CATALOG OF ELECTIVE DISCIPLINES
CATALOG OF ELECTIVE DISCIPLINES
The catalog of elective disciplines (QED) is a systematic annotated list of all disciplines included in the component of choice.
When compiling QED, the trends in the development of science, practice, market needs and the needs of consumers of educational services of the university should be taken into account.
QED educational programs should be developed in accordance with the following requirements:
1) elective disciplines are determined in accordance with the need for students to master professional competencies as defined by the SES;
2) the procedure for studying elective disciplines is carried out in accordance with the logic of academic interconnection and the sequence of study of disciplines, that is, indicating prerequisites and postrequisites;
3) elective disciplines are presented in cycles of a standard curriculum, with a brief summary, indicating the number of credits;
4) elective courses should be presented in the form of certain natural trajectories with an indication of previous disciplines, the possession of the tools of which is necessary to understand the following;
5) QED should provide students with the opportunity of an alternative choice of elective subjects.
Catalogs of elective disciplines are stored in dean‘s room. Each student can at any time get acquainted with the content of the catalog of elective disciplines.
The structure of the catalog of elective disciplines
QEDs should contain the following information: university name, specialty code and code, or OP code, academic year for which this QED is developed, approval and approval of QED at the meeting of the methodological council of the university with the protocol number and date.
Next is the QED table, containing the following information: blocks of elective disciplines in the cycles of general educational disciplines (GED), basic disciplines (BD) and professional disciplines (PD). For graduate and doctoral studies, only the BD and PD cycles are filled.
Next, the name of the discipline, prerequisites (precede the study of this discipline); post requisites (studied after this discipline), the complexity of loans, a summary of the main sections of the discipline, the purpose of the study, the expected results of the study.
The order of preparation of catalog of elective disciplines
At the beginning of the current academic year, but no later than March, academic and associate professors responsible for the direction of preparation determine the list and content of elective disciplines for the next academic year and recommend them for approval by the methodological council of the university.
The content of elective disciplines must meet the necessary requirements: relevance, scientific, research character, connection with practice, take into account professional specifics, as well as the research activities of teachers.
Faculties submit the approved the catalog of elective disciplines in form to the Registrar's Office to form a common catalog of elective disciplines no later than April of the current school year.
The Registrar's office, together with the deans, informs students with a catalog of elective disciplines.
During the current academic year, teaching staff together with advisers under the guidance of the dean of the faculty conduct presentations of elective disciplines for students.
Presentations of elective disciplines should be held outside the classroom time according to the schedule, but no later than the date of registration for elective disciplines.
Registration for elective disciplines will begin by Academic timetable.
CATALOG OF ELECTIVE DISCIPLINES 2020-2021